I think the lasting impact of BLONDE FAITH, the tenth and at the time the last Easy Rawlins book, was how angry the character of Easy Rawlins had become. As a final book it was satisfyingly unsatisfying if you understand my meaning. Unsatisfying because I longed for the youthful Easy Rawlins unburdened by the tangled mess his life had become. Satisfied because Walter Mosely kills at writing these books. I'm officially excited for LITTLE GREEN.
Better late than what quite possibly could have been never. I found the whole task of formulating and compiling this list to be not very enjoyable. Ugh. Not sure why this list proved laborious to produce. Holidays are not a good time for anything except opening gifts... like a 47" LG LCD television. Let's quit with the complaining and finish the list. If you started here you should go back to the beginning . 5 . DIRT - Sean Doolittle (2001) This was a real toss up for me. I could just as easily gone with the funny and brutal THE CLEAN UP. DIRT gets it by a nose because a lot of what I enjoy about Crime Fiction is discovery. THE CLEAN UP is a great book, one that you should read, but I knew it was going to be good going in. Mr. Doolittle is a terrific writer of human frailty. DIRT contains one of the great truisms of human behavior that we frantically keep secrets from our closest friends and family while just as equally hoping these secrets will be discovered and accepted. I ...

Comments